Monday, July 9, 2012

Rasheeda Interview About Love And Hip Hop Atlanta And Her Journey!



I loved interviewing Rasheeda. She is too sweet...OnPointCeleb! 
 
OPC: What made you decide to pursue a career in the music industry?

R: As a young girl I just loved music. I loved the stories. I love how they made you feel [at] certain times in your life. Being little and watching my mom turning music on and dance [going] from one move to another, I was like “I want to make people feel like that”. 

OPC: Who influenced your decision to be a rapper?

R: It was just hip hop period. The whole look of it, the swag and the look it was just so dope and cool like in the old school before anything was watered down. It was just real stories talking about what’s going on in their hoods and making people dance and feel good. I was just like you know what that’s exactly what I want to do and what better way to do it than through rapping, rhyming, putting together a mixtape. 

OPC: What are the qualities one must have to be a real MC? 

R: Just that confidence…must have a certain amount of swag not trying too hard. Being comfortable with oneself and being original. That’s like the main [Key]. 


 OPC: How did the group Da Kaperz come about? How long was the group together? And do you still communicate with the other members?

R: I just apart of [Da Kaperz] for about five years and I do still communicate with the Keya. I haven’t seen Kiki in a while, but when we see each other we say ‘wassup’ and catch up. And one of the other young ladies I was just with her about two weeks ago. 

OPC: What did you learn from being in the group?

R: I just learned that you have to kind of evaluate you situation and learn that everyone’s not going to always agree. You got to split you money. (She begins laughing) Those were some of the things; I think the difference with that situation was that we were so young like pre-teen and teenagers. We were trying to grow within ourselves. I really learned a lot more stepping outside the situation but in I just think sometimes like outsiders can cause problems and everybody has to learn to differentiate those types of things. But for the most part that was some of the funniest parts of my career and my life being young and [working with] the girls I was friends with. 



OPC: Are you still apart of the duo Peach Candy with Kandi Burruss? And what’s your personal relationship with Kandi?

R: Me and Kandi still do music. We actually have a record together right now that is on my album called ‘Legs to the Moon’. We haven’t done another Peach Kandi project but we are always working together. So there’s still a little Peach Kandi action going on. (Laughing) [Kandi and I are best friend].



OPC: Explain your growth from when you first started as a young rapper/artist to the woman/entertainer you are now?

R: Girl that’s a lot (Laughing) you know learning from experience and going through different things business wise and personally from being a mother, a wife, an independent artist to was signed to a major and learned a lot from the situation but learned that being independent allows you the flexibility to be you and make decisions and really buckle down on that on business so your able to be successful. You learn so so much. The main thing I learned though was learning to be comfortable with me and doing what I love doing.

OPC: What has been your favorite part of this journey?

R: From then all the way to now it’s performing. I don’t even know [how to describe it, that moment] when you don’t even have to rap your lyrics and everyone’s throwing them back at you. 


 OPC: How did you end up being casted on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta?

R: My name was going around a lot. When it came to the whole love and hip hop thing I sat down with Mona.  People were just like Rasheeda Rasheeda Rasheeda she’s a female rapper, she’s married in a relationship and it just [made sense]. When we got to talking she heard my story and knowing about me in the industry she was kind of like okay lets run it lets go. 



OPC: What was the best part of filming Love and Hip Hop Atlanta?

R: I can’t tell you, you have to stay tuned. But [honestly] what I enjoyed the most is being able to open about my relationship with my husband and us experiencing this together. 

OPC: How did you feel when you won Mix tape female artist in the 2009 and nominated by the BET Awards in 2010 as best female Hip Hop?

R: For me to have them recognize the grind from my ‘bubble gum’ record to everything I been going through proved that it didn’t go unnoticed, and they looked and said this chick deserves this. That was a great experience. 



OPC: You are known as the “Boss Chick”, how did that name come about?

R: You can kind of see it in the show though can’t you? (Laughing) Independent female who has been grinding, hustling, and going hard for top music. Just that woman who is trying to take control of her own goals, dreams, and destiny. Being that independent women, I do have a very strong foundation but at the same time I’m really really focused. I just try to insteal that in other women because we can easily get sidetracked and think we have to compromise. I just really wanted to push that out there. 

OPC: What can your fans look forward to in the upcoming year?

R: Well my album “Boss Chick Music” is available on itunes now. Of course look out for ‘Marry Me’ music video which will be released very soon. We gave you a preview on the show. The ‘Legs to the Moon’ music video which features Kandi will also be released. A lot more music and a lot more Rasheeda on TV. 



OPC: What kind of legacy would you like to leave in the industry?

R: Rasheeda was the girl who made us feel good about ourselves. When I turned her music on I felt confident. I felt like I could concur the world. When I heard that Boss Chick music she made me feel like I was that chick and anything is possible. When they listen to my music, I want them to feel like their friends like home girls [that can relate to one another].


No comments:

Post a Comment